Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Adapted from Ina Garten ( http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/pasta-with-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html )
* 12 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and divided
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 6 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
* 1 teaspoon capers, drained
* Kosher salt, to taste
* 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 pound orecchiette or other small pasta
* 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, medium-diced
* 3/4 cup good black olives, such as kalamata, pitted and diced (optional)
* 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
* 1 cup packed basil leaves, julienned
* Add half the sun-dried tomatoes, all the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to a food processor, and process until almost smooth.
* Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package in a large pot of seasoned boiling water until al dente. Drain well, then toss with the dressing in a large mixing bowl. Meanwhile, mince the remaining sun-dried tomatoes.
* Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, olives (if using), remaining sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan, and basil to the salad. Toss to distribute evenly. Season to taste with salt.
* Serve at room temperature.
Category Side Dishes, Salads Yield 6 to 8 servings
Source: POP Sugar