Friday, July 13, 2018
Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata MEATBALLS
A creamy meatball version of the classic Chicken Piccata! The sauce is so good, you'll want it on tap!
Servings 4 -5
1 lb. ground chicken
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 - 1/3 cup lemon juice (adjust to taste)
1/4 cup capers, drained
Salt and pepper
1. Place Meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. If it's too wet to form balls, add a touch of extra breadcrumbs or refrigerate.
2. Scoop up a heaped tablespoon and with slightly wet hands, roll into balls.
3. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the meatballs and cook for 4 minutes, browning all over but still raw inside. Remove onto a plate, repeat with remaining meatballs.
4. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel. Reduce heat to medium.
5. Melt butter in skillet, then add flour. Mix and cook for 1 minute, then add lemon juice, chicken broth, and cream.
6. Bring to simmer then add meatballs. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and meatballs are cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Stir in parsley and capers. I like serving this with pasta with more parmesan cheese!
1. To make this with milk instead of cream, just add an extra 1 Tbsp. of flour into the butter, plus add 2 Tbsp. of grated parmesan into the sauce. This will thicken the sauce nicely, it will taste fantastic and is a healthier option!