Sunday, May 6, 2018
EASY MAPLE-GLAZED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
Author: The Seasoned Mom
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
1 (7-8 lb.) whole turkey breast, fresh or frozen and thawed
1/2 apple, chopped into two pieces
1 stalk celery, halved
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 sprig fresh thyme
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Rinse the turkey breast with cold water. Pat dry.
3. Stuff turkey cavity with apple, lemon, onion, celery, rosemary, and thyme. Sprinkle salt inside the cavity.
4. Place the turkey in a large shallow roasting pan lined with aluminum foil. Don’t skip the aluminum foil (it makes clean up quick and easy)!
5. TO PREPARE THE GLAZE: In a small saucepan, melt butter with maple syrup over low heat. Pour maple butter glaze over turkey to coat.
6. Add 1 cup water to bottom of pan.
7. Roast the turkey breast for 2 – 2 1/2 hours, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 175-180 degrees F. Baste with pan juices every 30 minutes.
8. If any part of the turkey browns too quickly while cooking, just tent lightly with aluminum foil.
9. Remove the turkey from the oven and place on a large cutting board. Tent the turkey with foil and allow it to rest for about 20 minutes before carving.