Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Amish Whoopie Pie
What's better than everyone's favorite whoopie pie? When that whoopie pie is made in the simple, honest-to-goodness recipe style of the Amish, of course! This recipe for Amish Whoopie Pie is inspired by the simplicity and natural ingredients of the Amish. With a smooth marshmallow fluff cream center sandwiched between two soft and delicious chocolate cookies, this is one dessert recipe you will not want to forget anytime soon. This easy Amish recipe makes baking whoopie pies easier than you ever thought it could be.
Cooking Time: 10 min
2 cups/250g flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup/33g unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup/225g sugar
3/4 cup organic milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup melted butter
4 tablespoons/56.8g butter
1/2 cup/113g sugar
1 cup marshmallow fluff
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350º F degrees. Line two cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper.
2. Sift flour, salt, soda, and cocoa together in a mixing bowl. With machine running on low, add sugar, then butter until well mixed. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and mix well 1 minute, making sure not to overbeat.
3. Use a small ice cream scoop (size #2) to dip batter onto cookie sheets, leaving room between for cookies to spread when baking. Bake about 10 minutes, turning bake pans front to back halfway through the baking time. Cool in the pans set on wire racks until completely cooled.
4. While cookies bake, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add marshmallow fluff and mix well, scraping bottom and sides of the bowl twice.
5. When cookies are cool, carefully lift off the cookie sheet with a wide spatula and spread the bottom of a cookie with about 1 tablespoon of the filling, then press another cookie against the filling to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
*This image courtesy of Dane Soderquist for RecipeLion.com