6 to 8 main-dish servings Prep: 50 minutes
Chill: 2 hours
1-2/3 cups uncooked wild rice
3-1/3 cups water
1 6-1/4-ounce package chicken-flavored rice pilaf
4-1/2 cups coarsely chopped, cooked chicken (about 1-1/2 pounds)
1 red sweet pepper, cut into thin, bite-size strips (about 1 cup)
8 ounces snow peas, ends and strings removed and cut into julienne strips
1 cup bottled lemon-pepper salad dressing or vinaigrette salad dressing
1/4 cup bottled French salad dressing
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 bunches green onions (about 10 total), cut into thin strips
Snow peas (optional)
1. Rinse wild rice well. In a large saucepan, bring water to boiling. Add wild rice and simmer, covered, 40 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed and rice is tender. Drain, if necessary.
2. Cook rice pilaf according to the package directions.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the wild rice, rice pilaf, chicken, red sweet pepper, and the 8 ounces snow peas.
4. In a small bowl, stir together dressings and black pepper. Pour over rice mixture. Stir gently to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
5. To serve, arrange onions around the edge of chilled salad plates. Spoon rice mixture into center. If you like, garnish each plate with additional snow peas. Makes 6 to 8 main-dish servings.
Note: For curled green onions, place the strips of green onions in ice water for 20 minutes; drain well.