This delicious soup can be served for brunch or lunch, along with bread or salad. Easy Chinese soup to make at home.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Wok, serving bowls
1 cup whitebait, rinse well
100 g / 3 oz. green bean
100 g / 3 oz. carrot
1 tbsp. chopped scallion
1 tbsp. chopped ginger slices
5 cups stock
2 tbsps. Vegetable oil, for stir-frying
1 tbsp. Chinese cooking wine, or dry sherry
1 tbsp. salt, or to taste
1 tbsp. black pepper powder
1 tbsp. cornstarch, mixed with 2 tbsps. water in a bowl
1. Remove the strings of green beans, and cut crosswise into slices, cut carrot into slices.
2. Place a wok over high heat for 1 minute before adding 2 tbsps. vegetable oil, heat until the oil is hot, then saute scallion, ginger, green bean, and carrot slices over medium high heat until aromatic, about 30 seconds, do not brown.
3. Drizzle into Chinese cooking wine, add 5 cups stock and bring to a boil, then keep stew over low heat for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Put into whitebait, season with salt, bring to a boil, and then stir into the cornstarch water mixture.
5. Sprinkle with black pepper powder as desired.
6. Ladle into bowls, serve hot.