Saturday, January 28, 2017
SIRLOIN SLIDERS WITH CRISP BACON AND CREAMY HORSE RADISH MAYO
These tasty little babies are just right for grilling get- togethers where you
have other dishes sharing the limelight. Since they’re petite, they grill up
quickly— but, boy, do they pack a lot of fl avor. If you can’t fi nd small brioche
hamburger buns, simply substitute small dinner rolls or potato rolls.
12 ounces ground beef chuck
12 ounces ground sirloin
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1⁄4 cup minced onion
11⁄4 teaspoons salt
1⁄2 teaspoon plus 1⁄8 teaspoon
freshly ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
3 tablespoons prepared
12 dinner- roll- size brioche buns, split in half
2 tablespoons butter, melted
6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, drained, and broken into 2- inch pieces
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the chuck, sirloin, garlic, onion, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and the 1 ⁄2 teaspoon pepper. Mix gently but thoroughly to combine. Using a 2- ounce ice cream scoop or a 1⁄4 cup mea sure, divide the mixture into 12 portions. Using your hands, shape them to form small patties, about 3 inches wide and 3⁄8 inch thick. Place the patties on a plate, cover with
plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight for the fl avors to mingle.
2. In a small nonreactive bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and horse radish. Season the mixture with the remaining 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (the mayo can be prepared up to 3 days in
3. When you are ready to cook the burgers, preheat a grill to high.
4. Lightly brush the cut sides of the buns with the melted butter. Wrap the buns in aluminum foil and place them on the coolest part of the grill to warm while you cook the burgers.
5. Grill the burgers for about 2 minutes per side for medium. Transfer the burgers to the bottom portions of the warmed buns, and garnish with the pieces of crisp bacon. Spoon a dollop of the horse radish mayonnaise over the bacon, then place the bun tops over all. Serve the sliders hot.
12 sliders, 4 to 6 servings
Emeril at the Grill.pdf