Thursday, January 26, 2017
Bakewell Jam Slice
(based on Best Recipes recipe)
1 cup plain flour (normal or gluten free)
90g butter, melted
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs water
185g butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten lightly
1 cup almond meal
3/4 cup plain flour (normal or gluten free)
1/2 cup jam (any kind, I used plum)
1/4 cup flaked almonds
1. Preheat oven to 210 deg C.
2. Grease a shallow 27x18cm tin with melted butter and line base with baking paper.
3. For base, mix flour, sugar, melted butter and water until combined.
4. Press into prepared tin and bake for approx 5 mins, remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 180 deg C.
6. For topping, melt butter, add sugar and stir until sugar is nearly dissolved.
7. Add each egg, one at a time, beating until combined.
8. Add almond meal and flour. Stir until combined.
9. Spread jam over pastry base.
10. Pour topping over and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
11. Bake for approx 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
12. Cool in tin and cut into fingers when cold.