Monday, January 16, 2017
Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins
Yield: 8 large muffins or 18 normal muffins
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
2 cups strawberries, chopped
For the Crumb Topping:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup flour
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the butter and sugar for your muffins in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, until combined.
4. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Combine the baking powder, salt and flour in a medium sized bowl.
6. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk until everything is incorporated and mixed well.
7. Mix in the strawberries.
8. Pour the batter into muffin tins evenly.
9. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the crumb topping until mixed well, using a fork.
10. Sprinkle the crumb evenly over the tops of the muffin batter.
11. Bake for about 16 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. (If you are making large muffins bake them for about 23 minutes)
These are best eaten fresh or within 1 to 2 days because the crumb doesnt stay crisp.