Thursday, January 26, 2017
BAKED Creamy Green Chilie Beef Taquitos
Yield: about 14 taquitos
Cuisine: MexicanCourse: EntréeSkill Level: Easy
Tastes like a million bucks but requires hardly any effort to make!
1 lb ground beef
8 oz. cream cheese softned
4 oz. can diced green chiles drained
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 cup shredded colby jack monterey cheese
14 (6 inch) flour tortillas
1. Cook and brown ground beef completely. Drain juices and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, green chiles, cumin, salt, pepper jack cheese, colby jack-monterey cheese and cooked ground beef. Stir to evenly incorporate all ingredients.
3. Place 2-3 Tbsp. of ground beef mixture on flour tortilla. Roll up tightly. Placed on greased cookie sheet.
4. Repeat with remaining mixture and tortillas. You may need more or less tortillas than listed in ingredients depending on how much filling you place in each taquito.
5. Once cookie sheet is filled, spray tops of taquitos lightly with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.