Monday, January 23, 2017
Baked Chicken and Spinach Flautas
Recipe via Healthy. Delicious.
1/2-3/4 of a rotisserie chicken, shredded
16 ounces beer (or chicken broth)
2 cups water
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon kosher Salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
3 cups baby spinach, chopped
5 burrito-size flour tortillas (9 inches)
6 ounces queso quesadilla or other melting cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon olive oil, or cooking spray
Salsa, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Put the shredded chicken into a saute pan with deep sides and cover with the beer and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the liquid. Mix together the chicken and seasonings.
3. Pour out all but ¼ cup of the cooking liquid. Add the jalapeno and spinach and cook over low heat until for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
4. Cut the tortillas in half. Spoon 1/10th of the chicken (about 1 tablespoon) along the long edge of a tortilla. Repeat with the spinach and cheese. Roll the tortilla up, starting with the straight edge. Place seam-side down on an oiled baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
5. Brush the flautas with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn them over and bake for until 10 minutes, or until crispy. Serve with salsa.