Saturday, January 21, 2017
Baked Blueberry Doughnuts
7/8 cup all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 white whole wheat and 1/2 all-purpose)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp buttermilk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3/4-1 cup wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
for the glaze:
1 tbsp melted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
1. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, oil and buttermilk until combined.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients all at once into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
4. Butter or grease the doughnut pan; non-stick pan spray works well here. Place batter in pastry bag or zip-lock bag with the corner cut and fill each doughnut form half full.
5. Bake the doughnuts in a preheated 375°F oven for 15 to 17 minutes. When done, they’ll spring back when touched lightly, and will be lightly brown on the top. While the doughnuts are baking, whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth.
6. Remove the doughnuts from the oven, remove them from the pan, and glaze with icing. Makes 6.
*adapted from King Arthur Flour