Monday, January 16, 2017
BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
6 small or 3 large chicken breasts
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup jalapeno, diced (add more for more spice)
12 slices of bacon
garlic salt, to taste
chili powder, to taste
cumin, to taste
1. Pound each chicken breast out till it is thin. Maybe a centimeter thick.
2. Mix cream cheese, cheddar, and jalapeno pieces in a small bowl.
3. Lay flattened chicken breast pieces out and place about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture onto the middle of the chicken breast.
4. Roll up chicken breast, and while holding it together, wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each piece of chicken. Use toothpicks to secure if necessary.
5. Place chicken in a large baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray.
6. Sprinkle the top of each piece of chicken with the garlic salt, cumin and chili powder.
7. Bake in oven preheated to 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until bacon starts to crisp up and chicken is fully cooked.