Monday, January 16, 2017
Bacon Stuffed Clams
recipe inspired by Cathy Lowe's Stuffed Clams
Preparation: 10 minutes
Serves: 8 (one clam each)
4 slices of bacon minced
1 small onion minced
1/4 cup of Italian parsley minced
1 cup of Italian Seasoned Bread crumbs
2 6.5 ounce cans of chopped clams or 13 ounces of fresh clams chopped
1 cup of clam juice
1/2 stick of butter
1) Put oven rack in the middle and turn on broiler.
2) Sauté bacon and onions together in a medium size skillet until both are lightly browned.
3) Add parsley, bread crumbs, clams, and a little at a time of the clam juice to the bacon and onions heat through. You want to make the mixture moist with the clam juice but you don't want it to be soaked. You probably will not need to add the whole cup of juice. Remember moist, not soggy.
4) Shake a dash of Tabasco sauce and lemon into the mixture, stir.
5) Use a large serving spoon to stuff clam shells or ramekins. Pack tightly.
6) Place stuffed shells on a large baking sheet and put a dot of butter on each stuffed clam.
7) Broil until lightly brown, approximately 5 minutes, check constantly.