Saturday, January 14, 2017
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 onion finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 tablespoons cream cheese
2 teaspoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
3 slices of bacon (I cheat and use "ready cooked")
2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
15 medium to large mushrooms
1/4 cup each cheddar & mozzarella cheese (or 1/2 cup cheddar cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels, crumble & set aside.
3. In a pan, brown ground beef, onion & garlic powder until beef is cooked through. Drain any remaining juices.
4. Meanwhile, pull the core out of the mushrooms & discard… I use my strawberry/tomato huller to scrape out a little bit more of the mushrooms.
5. Stir cream cheese into the beef until melted. Add ketchup, mustard, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, worcestershire sauce, crumbled bacon and stir until combined.
6. On a foil lined pan, fill each mushroom with the beef mixture. Don't be afraid to pile it up high.. it's yummy!
7. Top with remaining cheese and bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are cooked.