Prep 35 mins
Cook Time 9 mins
Total Time 44 mins
Author: Cat Davis | FoodFamilyFinds.com
Serves: 8 pretzels
2 - ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 - ¼ teaspoons instant yeast (or 1 packet)
1 cup warm water
1 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and chopped
½ cup cooked bacon, finely chopping
1. Place all of the dough ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer. Use the paddle to mix on low for a few seconds, just until combined.
2. Use the dough hook and knead the dough on low for 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle dough lightly with flour and place in a plastic bag to rest on the counter for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with vegetable oil spray, or lining it with parchment paper or a Silpain baking mat.
5. Place the dough on a lightly greased work surface, and divide it into eight equal pieces. (* use a kitchen scale to make sure the pieces are of equal weight)
6. Pour the baking soda/water mixture into a square baking dish.
7. Roll each piece of dough into a rope about 30 inches long and twist into a pretzel shape (or cut into strips or nuggets).
8. Dip each pretzel in the water mixture getting both sides wet and place on the baking sheet.
9. Sprinkle sea salt on each pretzel and press the cheese and bacon onto each pretzel.
10. Bake 7-9 minutes until golden brown.
Inspired by http://bit.ly/N8TxNd