Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2017

Autumn, Crusty Bread and a Wicked Spinach Dip






Adapted from Knorr's Classic Spinach Dip Recipe
 1 package (10 oz / 300g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
        1 container (16 oz / 500ml) sour cream
        1 cup Hellmann's® mayonnaise
        1 package Knorr® vegetable soup mix
        1 can (5 oz / 140g) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
        ¼ cup finely diced red onion

A few things about how I prepare this:

Squeeze as much water as you can out of the thawed spinach.  I usually put it in a fine mesh strainer when it’s thawed and push it into the mesh to force out as much liquid as possible.  I do not cook the spinach.  Please make sure you use chopped spinach.  Frozen whole spinach will not work... trust me.

I use sour cream, but plain Greek yogurt can be substituted.  I have not tried this.  Someone might notice the slight change in taste and I’d have a spinach dip mutiny on my hands.  My family really loves this stuff and it has to be just the way I’ve ALWAYS made it.

http://www.jennsrandomscraps.blogspot.ca/2012/10/loving-autumn-crusty-bread-and-wicked.html

No comments:

Post a Comment