Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Moroccan Spice-Rubbed Turkey Sandwiches
2 boneless, skinless turkey breasts
4 pretzel buns, slit and toasted
Greens of choice
2 Tbsp (30 mL) paprika
2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
½ tsp (2 mL) pepper
½ tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
½ tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
½ tsp (2 mL) ground cloves
½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
½ tsp (2 mL) allspice
½ tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
4 Tbsp (60 mL) rice vinegar
3 Tbsp (45 mL) sesame oil
1 green apple, peeled and sliced into fine matchsticks
1 carrot, peeled and sliced into fine matchsticks
1/3 cup (75 mL) light mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
½ tsp (2 mL) curry powder
1. Combine all ingredients (except turkey) in a bowl to create a dry rub.
2. Massage the dry rub liberally all over the turkey breasts.
3Grill over medium-high heat until an instant read thermometer reads 170F (77C).
4. Remove to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
1. Combine rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl. Toss with apple and carrot.
Curried Mayo: 1Combine mayonnaise or yogurt with the curry powder.
To Make Sandwich:
1. Thinly slice cold Moroccan spice-rubbed turkey breasts. Set aside.
2. Assemble sandwich by spreading curry sauce on the pretzel bun bottom. Layer greens of your choice, slices of turkey, slaw and top of bun.
Protein: 55 g
Fat: 16.5 g
Carbohydrates: 55 g
Recipe courtesy of Eat In Eat Out Magazine (www.eatineatout.ca).