Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Blackened Salmon Fish Tacos
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 6 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
Serving Size: 4 (2 tacos each)
Home made taco shells and spicy salmon make one good taco!
For the Shells
8 corn tortilla's
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 garlic powder
1 pound salmon filet
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1-1/2 teaspoons ground dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
6-8 oz cream cheese, for serving
1 cup cheddar cheese, for serving
1 avocado, mashed with a pinch of salt and pepper.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. MIx the 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika and the 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder in a small bowl. Working with four tortillas at a time, microwave them for 1-2 minutes. Quickly rub with olive oil and sprinkle one side with the spice mixture. Place tortillas and a taco mold If you have one. if not, Invert a regular-sized muffin tin. Fold the tortillas gently and prop up between the bottom of 4 muffin cups. Bake at 450ºF for 5-7 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
2. Preheat your grill or grill pan to high.
3. Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, basil, and oregano in a bowl until evenly mixed.
4. Rub half the mixture on the salmon and then rub the salmon with olive oil. Rub the rest of the spice mixture and the salmon, pressing it into the fish.
5. Place the salmon skin side up on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes and then flip and grill for another 2 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and then flake with a fork.
6. To assemble smear a good amount (1-2 Oz) of cream cheese on each taco shell. Layer in the salmon and top with about and 1/8 cup of cheddar cheese.
7. If desired top with mashed avocado and hot sauce.