Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Alea's Slow Cooker Taco Soup







This soup was delicious! The recipe calls for only 3 TBSP of taco seasoning mix, but after seeing how full my crock pot was, I decided 3 TBSP would not be enough flavor so I added the whole packet. I was glad I did. This turned out yummy. In my opinion it still needs a little more flavor, so my mom in law and I came up with some options. You could use another packet of taco seasoning mix, or add some cayenne. We also thought maybe a can of Rotel would be good in this to add more flavor, or maybe using prepared spanish rice in place of white rice. But as it was last night, it was still really good!

Serves: 8


Source: 5dollardinners.com

Ingredients
1/2 pound hamburger browned
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 cup bell pepper diced
1 3/4 cups cooked or 15.5 oz. can black beans
1 3/4 cups cooked or 15.5 oz. can white beans
2 cups cooked rice
1 3/4 cups or 15.5 oz. can frozen corn
3 1/2 cups or 2 15.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
15 oz. can tomato sauce
2 cups water
3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup crushed chips
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese

Instructions
If necessary, brown hamburger.

Add hamburger, onion, bell pepper, beans, corn, rice, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and taco seasoning to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.

Ladle soup into bowls. Top with crushed chips and cheese.

I served the soup with a garden salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment